Tuition Assistance

How do you access tuition assistance as a veteran? Let us answer your questions and make sure you're receiving the assistance you need!

UMKC Veterans Contact

Debbie Kacirek
UMKC VA Certifying Official
Student Veteran Support Services
Student Union, Room 310
Phone: 816-235-1121
Veteran Benefits

Third Party Billing

Cashiers Office
Cashiers Office

MO Returning Heroes Act Account Credit

Financial Aid and Scholarships Office
Financial Aid and Scholarships

Service members should speak with the Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within their Military Service prior to enrollment, then follow these steps to use tuition assistance:

1. If you have tuition assistance, the approved authorization form from your unit needs to be turned into the Cashiers Office.

Cashiers Office
Administrative Center, room 112
5115 Oak Street
Kansas City, MO 64112

  • If you have any questions about how to establish tuition assistance, contact your unit for specific information.
  • If your unit requires a statement of your tuition and fees you can request a Paid Fees Letter from the Cashiers Office. Send the request from your UMKC email to If requested, the Cashiers Office will forward the letter as long as a name and address are provided.
  • To generate your own letter you can log into Pathway. On the menu, click Self-Service > Campus Finances > Paid Fees Letter. From there you can select the desired term. Contact the Cashiers Office with any questions.

2. Submit an Enrollment Data Form (PDF) signed by your academic advisor to the School Certifying Official in Registration and Records. You will need to submit the Enrollment Data Form each semester that you would like to use tuition assistance. Completion of this form is required in order for UMKC to comply with the data submissions required by the Department of Defense MOU. 

Questions about how Tuition Assistance will affect your bill can be directed to Mike Flanagan in the Cashiers Office:

Questions about tuition assistance application requirements can be directed to the Missouri State Tuition Assistance Office:

Army Guard Contact:

  • State Tuition Assistance office: (573) 638-9500 ext. 37689 or 37023
  • Federal Tuition Assistance office: (573) 638-9500 ext. 37053

Air Guard Contact:

  • State Tuition Assistance: (573) 638-9633