After selecting Connect, the menu will show you are connected to the network.
The following instructions are based on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. Other Unix based Operating Systems may use the configuration options listed in Step 4, but are not guaranteed to function with our network.
- Click on the wireless status bar and select Wi-Fi.
- Click Select Network
- Choose either UMKCWPA or eduroam
- A page should appear to configure the connection. Fill in the fields with the appropriate info.
- Wi-Fi security: =
WPA & WPA2 Enterprise
- Authentication =
Protected EAP PEAP
- Anonymous identity = (Leave Blank)
- CA certificate =
No CA certificate is required
- PEAP version =
- Inner authentication =
- Username = (Your UMKC Username)@umsystem.edu
- Password = (Your UMKC Password)
*Please note: Configuration of UMKCWPA or eduroam on an *nix device requires the
PEAP EAP method, and
MSCHAPv2 Phase 2 Authentication. Most modern desktop oriented flavors of *nix should support these protocols. However, some *nix flavors may not utilize these protocols and cannot be used on the UMKCWPA or eduroam networks.
Please contact the IS Technology Support Center at (816) 235-2000 with any questions or concerns.